25 February 2010

the first cut is the deepest

I'm reasonably sure this is the zillionth time in the last six months that I have attempted to get a blog off the ground.  I don't know why I've been having so much trouble finding my groove, but a blank screen was so intimidating that I'd write anything, just to fill it in.  The problem with that is everything seemed so forced and my voice didn't ring true. 

I'd tried to convince myself that I was too "random" to create a blog that has its focus on one aspect of who I am, but all roads seemed to lead to my feminist sensibilities and opinions, and I've come to realize that the cliche "Write what you know" was never more appropriate than at this moment.

So, here's what I know:  I am woman, hear me roar...or at least meow really loudly.

I am a woman who likes "frivolous" things like shoes, although my rectangle shaped feet don't leave much for me in the way of cute shoes  (This has led to quite possibly the worst case of shoe envy ever.)  I like makeup, although I don't wear it all the time.  I will actively seek out reading material that is for women by women in an attempt to not only feel more connected to myself, but to my gender as a whole.

 I will more than likely come off as abrasive or self-righteous, but that's only because I'm prone to hyperbole and no one has developed a sarcasm font yet.  As soon as they do, however, it will become the only font I use.

So, um...if you're reading this right now - thanks!  If you're not, then I really am just doing this for me, and that's ok too.

1 comment:

  1. The more I blog, the more I have a desire to "get random"...

    I too suffer from a touch of shoe envy. I'm 6 feet tall and don't wear heels because I don't like the thought of being OVER 6 feet tall, and of having even more trouble finding long-enough pants. But I DO admire a good shoe when I see one. Or at least a good shoe in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

love me, love me. say that you love me.