04 April 2010

you make me sick

I'm not sure how many of you are following the news somewhat regularly, but I have to share this one story that literally makes me sick to my stomach:

New Jersey Girl Sells 7 Year Old Sister for Sex


A 15-year-old New Jersey girl is being charged for selling her 7-year-old stepsister for sex with men.

The sickening transaction happened at a party on Sunday when the 15-year-old sold her 7-year-old little sister and, according to a report from the NY Daily News, “let the boys do what they want to do as the leering lechers looked on – then stepped back and watched the men molest her.”

Due to this incident, NJ.Com has promised that detectives are on the case to track down the people who raped the little girl.

Mayor Douglas Palmer said of the crime, “I believe personally, not as the mayor, personally, there is a space reserved in hell for the perpetrators of this act and I know they’ll get there.”

The sad part of the entire incident is that the 7-year-old girl reportedly tagged along with her big sister to try to protect her; she was worried about the 15-year-old’s safety.  The parents of the girls called the police at 4:30 p.m. when they did not return home; they assumed that the older girl had run away taking the younger sibling with her.

The 15-year-old girl is being charged with aggravated sexual assault, promoting prostitution and other crimes which have been rumored to consist of prostitution on her behalf because she also accepted cash for sex.

I'll let you digest that for a second before I start ranting.


Disgusting, huh?


Of the many, many, many, MANY things I find wrong with this story, the ones that bother me most are:

1 -  What kind of parenting the 15 year old must have had and what kind of family environment she lived in which made it ok for her to sell herself as well as her sister for sex?  Seriously.  At what point did we decide that teaching our children that selling yourself for sex was acceptable?  When did we, as a society, decide to just turn a blind eye to things like this.  I know it's all a bunch of tree-hugging hippie crap, but really, it does take a village to raise a child.  It just breaks my heart to think of what kind of upbringing these children have had.


2 - When children go missing and the first thought of the parents is that they have run away, there must be something seriously wrong at home. The parents must be held accountable as well, instead of merely crucifying the 15 year old girl.  Yes, what she did was disgusting, but the blase attitude of the parental units leaves a lot to be desired as well. 

Selling her baby sister is sick and twisted. The one person there that she would be looking toward to protect her, betrayed her and profited from her pain. She watched while this little girl was touched and raped and not once did she stop and think, "Hey, this might be wrong" or did she tell them to stop.

I am sure the lot of them will rot in hell, but in the mean time, I hope that they are all jailed, including the 15 year old.  In a perfect world, the older sister would do time as a pimp, and also be prosecuted for kidnap, confinement, and rape as well. I can only hope that’s the outcome.

As for the parents, they're claiming that they're the victims and that people are blaming them for what happened...and as well they should.  They are all responsible for what happened, not just to the seven year old, but her older sister as well.

There is a special place in hell for everyone involved and I hope they take a bullet train to the destination

1 comment:

love me, love me. say that you love me.