Mark your calendars, boys and girls. May 8th, 2010. 11:30pm. The dream has become a reality
That's right - Betty White will be hosting "SNL" in a sort of pre-Mother's Day episode along with six former female cast members including Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Rachel Dratch and Molly Shannon. I still haven't stopped happy dancing. Here's hoping it lives up to the lofty expectations I have..and even if it doesn't, Betty White, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were all on the same show together, and that's pretty freakin' sweet.
I borrowed this from the awesome Bust magazine blog because I think it's funny as hell not to share. And not funny "ha ha" but funny because it's true and makes so much more sense than anything else I've ever read about the subject.:
Sexual Assault Prevention Tips Guaranteed to Work!
1. Don’t put drugs in people’s drinks in order to control their behavior.
2. When you see someone walking by themselves, leave them alone!
3. If you pull over to help someone with car problems, remember not to assault them!
4. NEVER open an unlocked door or window uninvited.
5. If you are in an elevator and someone else gets in, DON’T ASSAULT THEM!
6. Remember, people go to laundry to do their laundry, do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
7. USE THE BUDDY SYSTEM! If you are not able to stop yourself from assaulting people, ask a friend to stay with you while you are in public.
8. Always be honest with people! Don’t pretend to be a caring friend in order to gain the trust of someone you want to assault. Consider telling them you plan to assault them. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the other person may take that as a sign that you do not plan to rape them.
9. Don’t forget: you can’t have sex with someone unless they are awake!
10. Carry a whistle! If you are worried you might assault someone “on accident” you can hand it to the person you are with, so they can blow it if you do.
Think about it.
A couple of weeks ago, Lady Gaga released her video for the song 'Telephone', which unfortunately features Beyonce. I can't say it was what I was expecting, because with Gaga, you never know what she's going to come up with next.
For the 3 or 4 of you who haven't seen it, you really should. I'll even provide you with a link: *clicky*
What is really interesting to me is the reaction that this video has generated from people. Most people are of the "WTF" mindset with opinions ranging from "I don't get it" to, "Holy product placement, Batman!" My favourite reaction comes from the woman who calls the video "poison for the minds of our kids." (Check her out in all her craziness here) *clutches neckline* Not the children! They're our future!
You know what, maybe she is corrupting the youth, but it's a good kind of corruption. She's showing everyone that you can be who you want to be and that's ok, and we all know how horrible it is to be true to yourself. (Coincidentally, it's also what us *StAr BiTcHeS* believe) I know it's cliche, but to the 13 year old girl who gets called a freak because of how she looks or the music she listens to, it's a big deal. Gaga is all about love and being yourself. It's not like she's convincing people to build an altar and sacrifice woodchucks in their basement or telling them join the Westboro Baptist Church. It's just a music video..and if you don't like it, there must be something else on those 500+ channels you have that you do like...so leave Gaga the fuck alone.
This one's for Michelle: